Friday, April 13, 2012

Power of the Snuggle

There is nothing like snuggling up to a baby.  They invoke the need to protect, nurture, and love.  As the baby grows, generally so does their need to have less and less of that time.  Not with my Beka.  She is still a world-class snuggler.  At 8 years of age, she still has the need for "snuggles".  Ohhhhhhh and it makes my day to start it that way!  I know, I know... the time is coming in just a few short years where she will rather listen to music, play a game, or something else.  But as of right now.... she is the first to say "Snuggles, Mama" and climb up onto my lap. 

Our morning routine has a good 15-20 minutes of our snuggle time.  She curls into me and I can almost remember the smell of her infanthood, where I drenched her in Baby Magic nightly.  She still curls her hand around my hand as she did as an infant. 

Time has a way of snatching the precious moments from life without us even realizing it.  The one thing I promised myself when I was pregnant with Lexi, is that I'll hold them as long as they will allow.  Lexi has moved past that stage, for the most part.  Normally it's because she has her nose in a book.  Yet, even she gives me those whispers of times past. 

And now I get those moments with my expanded kids as well.  Sarah generally has too much energy to sit for long.... but you throw in a good movie and she will curl herself up like a little pill bug and nestle into your arms.... aaahhh.... the best thing about girls may be those times.  Without trying to embarrass my boys.... well, let's just say that they, too have the power to make me feel all those that I do with the girls.

The Power of the Snuggle.... oh yes..... THAT could bring about world peace.... :D

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment