Sunday, January 12, 2014

Mysteriously, I AM the Woman in the Shoe

Have you ever had one of those days where you just sit back and think, "I'm blessed beyond reason?"

Today was that day for me... in some ways.  It started out with a little girl named Gracie who has decided to call Keenan, "daddy" and me "mommy".  She has a wonderful mom and her mother and I joke back and forth about it.  Anyway, during church service she found us and sat between Keenan and I.  On my other side sat Sarah followed by Beka snuggling up with Mikey. Lexi was with her Youth Group.

As I sat there, I thought.... 'Lord, you do work in mysterious ways.'  I had always wanted this big, huge family as a young girl... it continued through my years of struggling to have my family.  When I started seeing Keenan, he came automatically with four additional kids to my own two.  What's even more amazing are the children that he and I have formed attachments with at church.... we've worked in kids ministries there and the time and investment has paid off.  I won't call each of the kids out by name, but there are some that I love so very much.... they each have wonderful parents/grandparents/aunties/uncles in their lives but somehow God has blessed us with the chance to have a sweet relationship with them as well.... I've been texting (at the request of them) several of them and my heart just warms when I get that smile, text or hug.

Yes, God has not give me through my blood a huge line of kiddos, but He has blessed me with the opportunity to teach, nurture, and love others like my own... so many.... God in His loving mercy has given me such a precious gift in it.  I am so thankful for it.  Thankful that He showed us where to serve so that we could partake of it.

Father, I ask for special blessings on our biological children and on our "extra" children.... And I thank you for this love You have bestowed on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment