Sunday, January 12, 2014

Unexpected Happies :D

I love unexpected happies that just sort of reach out with both hands and tug at you for your full attention.  Tonight, I had such a one.  A blast from my high school past; I won't name names but she knows who she is. 

In that one quick moment, time snaps back like a measuring tape and you can hear their voice as you read the message.  You can see their laughing eyes and hear the joking tone in their voice. 

I've had several like that this past year.  People who out of the blue I've developed a relationship that is different than what we had over twenty years ago.  Of course there is the maturity but there is also shared hard times, shared parenting mishaps and humorous dating stories.  There are shared losses and similiar stories from a broken marriage.  Sharing the wrongs we've committed and the rights along the way.  Renewed hope, forgiveness.

I've often thought how Satan uses the internet to rob us of our time; one look at facebook and I can see how that is oftentimes true.  I have also discovered how to set boundaries and to even use it to share the Gospel, share testimonies and try to witness to hurting and lost friends. 

I hope that there are days where I am the vehichle used to deliever an unexpected happy to someone who needs it. :)

Be blessed.


2 comments:

  1. Hey - I think that's me! It was good to hear from you too.
    Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes... it was you!!!!! Happy 2014 to you as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete