Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Teacher and the Test

It's been one heck of a week!  I'll probably have several posts because the subjects are varied and worthy of their own post this week.

So this week, was a tough week.  If I could look back at my life as a line gragh the really good points being on the upper side of happy and the lower lines as terrible weeks.... this might be one of those that dipped the lowest.  I can't say it was the worst week in my life but it sure was up there.  Or is that down there?

We were scheduled for a court date for Thursday.  On Tuesday night we found out that that other side wanted a continuance.  It was after closing hours when we received it.  Wednesday morning we would find out what the judge's decision was.

My question is: God are You there, working in this?  Are You behind the scenes because right now I just don't feel You in this.

.....................and that is when it hit me..... He IS there.... He is like the teacher watching while I take a test.  We take a test.  He's been preparing us for this for quite some time.  Have we gotten all the questions right on the quizzes leading up to it?  No.  Our assignments have been turned in late at times....  even our effort put in hasn't always been 100% there.  But all along God has been preparing us for this test.  It's the toughest test we have had up to this point.

When God is leading us up to a time of testing... Satan throws what he has at us.  It's kind of like Job.  God says, "alright... test them."

I cried and cried and felt utterly hopeless for a time when finding out that we have two more months to wait.

Why God?  Why?  The bottom line is that we must not be ready.  God wants us more prepared for the battle ahead. 

The Bible uses the Greek word, adokimos: meaning people who are tested but don't pass.  There are several verses in the New Testament that uses this word. 

So, the next time you find yourself facing the test, know the Teacher is there.  He has been preparing you all along.  It was up to you/us to listen and learn what the Teacher needs us to. 

When this trial comes to pass, I want God to not use the adokimos in regards to it.  I want to have passed, having learned along the way and being obedient to Jesus.





No comments:

Post a Comment